Effective Date: November 1, 2019.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect your personal information in the following circumstances:
● if you enter events hosted on the Services, we collect any personal information you choose to provide, such as your first and last name and email address;
● we may collect information you choose to provide when you contact us, such as your first and last name, email address and Facebook information and, if required for technical support, we may associate this personal information with anonymous information, such as information about your device.
Please note that while the Services may allow you to visit as a guest and remain anonymous, you may not be able to access all content and features without providing personal information.
2. ANONYMOUS INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect anonymous information from you, which may be provided to us by a third party, including but not limited to:
● metrics and other types of statistical data, which could be derived from your use of the Services, for example how and when you interact with the Services, session length and number of times you accessed the Services and general geographic location of where you accessed the Services from;
● how you access the Services, for example, computer operating system and web browser, type of mobile device and unique device identifier, mobile advertising identifier (Apple IDFA, Google Advertising ID or Android ID) and IP address; and
● diagnostic information concerning the Services, for example, logs, error reports and events and the type, number, date and page relating to this information.
Please note that while your computer or mobile device may allow you to turn off the collection of some of the above information, you may not be able to access all content and features on the Services.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal and anonymous information internally for purposes that include:
● to provide the Services to you, such as hosting and displaying information, providing updates, developing, improving or expanding the Services and addressing technical issues;
● to generate and analyze information about our users so we can better understand them and how they use the Services and draw trends and predictions based on this information;
● to serve you advertisements, provided by MadeOfBits or third parties, on the Services, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes;
● to send push notifications to your device concerning the Services;
● to establish and maintain your account on the Services and to protect the security of your account;
● to provide customer support or to resolve customer issues;
● to inform you of changes to the Services, such as outages, suspensions or other material changes, which could occur through email or a push notification sent to your device; and
● if you signed up for any MadeOfBits newsletter, to contact you by email for MadeOfBits news, promotional purposes or market research and that you may opt-out of by clicking an opt-out link located in such an email.
4. Information Disclosure
We disclose your information outside of MadeOfBits for the following purposes:
● for internal MadeOfBits purposes, we may disclose your personal and anonymous information to our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and contractors;
● we disclose your information to law enforcement or other appropriate third parties in connection with criminal investigations, investigation of fraud, infringement of intellectual property rights, other suspected illegal activities or as otherwise may be required by applicable law or, as we deem necessary in our sole discretion, in order to protect the legitimate legal and business interests of MadeOfBits; and
5. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We use third parties, with whom we share your information and who may collect information from you to assist us with, for example, facilitating payments for digital items, customer support and feedback, analyzing Services functionality and technical issues, sending useful notifications to user devices, tracking use of the Services and generating reports and data models that we use to improve the Services. These third party services may be embedded into the Services, such as through an API or SDK, or may take the form of tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and clear gifs (“Tracking Technologies”), which enable these third parties to collect information on our behalf.
You may be able to opt-out of mobile behavioral advertising by accessing the settings on your device and selecting the appropriate advertisement tracking settings.
A cookie is a file that is sent by a service through your browser to your device, if your browser is enabled to accept cookies, in order to store certain information on your device and communicate with a service while you are online. Internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your device, block acceptance of cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You should refer to your browser instructions or “Help” screen to learn more about how to manage cookies. Please note that, if you block cookies, some portions of the Services may not function properly.
8. CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Do Not Track, or DNT, is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of you. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, advertising networks, plug in providers and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. Currently, there is no DNT technology standard and, as a result, the Services do not respond to DNT signals.
9. CALIFORNIA “SHINE THE LIGHT” RIGHT
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.82 grants you the right to request MadeOfBits’ disclosure of the categories of personal information we provided to third parties, and the names and addresses of these third parties, for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would to make this request, please contact us using the contact information set forth in section 16.
Please note that you may only make this request once per year.
10. ACCESSING OR CHANGING INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED TO US
You may contact MadeOfBits to obtain a copy of any personal information we have collected about you, the production of which may be subject to a fee as permitted by applicable law. In addition, you may contact MadeOfBits to correct or delete such information, except to the extent that retention is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, required by applicable law, in the control of a third party or where correction or deletion is not technically feasible.
11. INFORMATION STORAGE AND RETENTION
While MadeOfBits is a Canadian company, the data you provide through the Services is stored and processed by third parties in countries around the world. You authorize MadeOfBits and third parties acting on MadeOfBits’ behalf to use and process your data in any country of their choosing, which may cause your data, including personal and anonymous information, to be subject to privacy protections and legal rights that may not be equivalent to those in your country.
Your personal information is retained until you request its deletion pursuant to section 10 or until MadeOfBits no longer requires such information for the purpose for which it was collected.
12. If you are UNDER THE AGE OF 13
MadeOfBits complies with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and all other applicable laws and regulations concerning children and the Internet. Accordingly, MadeOfBits will not knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose any personal information from children under the age of 13.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
15. EMAIL and Push notification PREFERENCES
We communicate with our users primarily by email. If you would like to change the email preferences we associate with you (for example, unsubscribing from receiving certain types of email) you may do so by clicking a link within emails that we send to you. If you would like to opt out of receiving push notifications from MadeOfBits, to the extent permitted, you may do so by changing the notification settings on your device.
16. CONTACT US